Hand-made Scotch Eggs Co.
The Old Cookhouse
5 The Hop Pocket
01885 49 05 20
Scotch eggs from the Hand-made Scotch Eggs Co. are not simply Scotch eggs: these are lovingly prepared meals in their own right - made with eggs from free to roam happy chickens & pigs - each one put together by hand and presented in perfect condition for you to enjoy. The Handmade Scotch Egg Co. is a truly family affair devised & run by creative couple: Penny & Neil Chambers. All products are made by hand from the freshest ingredients and are cooked with care in a purpose-designed kitchen.
Since launching at the Teme Valley Farmers' Market in June 2003, with just half a dozen varieties, there are now over 30 unique imaginative recipes for your indulgence, winning in 2005 the 'Best New Producer' category in the Flavours of Herefordshire Awards. The range of speciality eggs is being continually extended, so look out for limited edition seasonal treats.
The Hand-made Scotch Eggs Co. is, through choice, a small company affording us close control of the quality of our products. Using time-honoured cooking practices:
- working by hand to produce quality food - in an environmentally & socially responsible manner - returning food production to its inspirational roots
- to keep welfare our priority, sourcing local free-range products direct from the farmers & producers
- to produce top quality food in tune with the seasons with full traceability and provenance
- to build an ethically sound sustainable business
- to reinstate the humble Scotch egg as Britain's favorite snack food